Sunday, May 27th Dedication Program Schedule
10:30 AM - Worship services at St. Lukes Lutheran Church. [DIRECTIONS]
12:00 NOON - Light lunch at St. Lukes church.
1:00 PM - Meet at Sipe's Orchard Home.
1:30 PM - Dedication ceremony begins.
ORDER OF SERVICE`
- Welcome and Greeting to Sipe's Orchard Home by Mr. Drew Dodd Chairman of the Board of Sipe's Home.
- Welcome and Greeting to Simmons family members and assembled guests.
- Purpose of the dedication and introduction to Simmons brothers; Sons of Confederate Veterans participation;
- History of the Simmons family by family historian and genealogical researcher, Anne Meydrech of Canton, MS.
- Playing of "Dixie" by flautist, Crystal Sargent.
- Newton-Conover JROTC will raise Confederate flag.
- Unveiling of the memorial markers by Boy Scout Troop 903 of Newton.
- Laying of wreaths by Simmons family descendants.
- Lower the flag Confederate flag to half staff - JROTC
- Presentation of the Color Guard and firing salute by members of the SCV represented by:
Rocky Face Rangers, Camp #1948, Taylorsville, NC
Burke Tigers, Camp 2162, Valdese, NC
CF Connor Camp 849, Hickory, NC
- Taps will be played by Jarett Story, a member of Bugles Across America, a 7,500-member national organization.
- Lower Confederate flag and attach American flag. Raise both to full staff - JROTC
- National Anthem - keyboardist and vocalist.
- Members of the Catawba Valley Flying Club will perform a fly-over.
- Prayer of Invocation. Rev. Jeff Lindsay, Pastor of St. Luke's Lutheran Church, will give the Invocation.
- Cecil Hollifield will close the activities with a short speech on "Bringing the Past Into the Present."
- Dismissal. An opportunity to visit with family members and members of the SCV members.
Any questions or comments should be addressed to
Mr. Cecil B. Hollifield
5025 Bolick Road
Claremont, NC 28610
Derick S. Hartshorn - © 2012